The Chunk is a science news website maintained by a small group of college professors and journalists. It is our aim to present the most interesting new science news in a way that is both easy to understand and compelling, and it is our hope that we can grow this publication into one that eventually becomes popular with everyday Americans with no particular science background. We believe that the beauty of science should be shared and understood by everyone. Here, no matter what your level of scientific literacy, you can understand and enjoy the stories we write about in a whole range of different fields. Whether it’s new discoveries in astronomy, biology, physics, robotics or anything else, if there’s compelling research that could have major ramifications, we will cover it here.
We are a non-profit website run by volunteers, and as such, we do not run advertisements. If you would like to contribute to The Chunk, please reach out to Bill ([email protected]) with some information about your background.
3560 Sycamore Lake Road, Mayville Wisconsin, 53050
- Rising sea levels started in the 60s December 7, 2019
- Mega tsunami caused on Mars by asteroid impact billions of years ago December 6, 2019
- Injecting three hormones under the skin causes weight loss in the obese December 5, 2019
- Nuclei of half-destroyed planets from stars detectable by radio telescopes December 4, 2019
- Chips without fats as tasty as normal ones thanks to a new discovery December 3, 2019
- Mini human liver created in the laboratory to simulate diseases and study them December 2, 2019
- Scientists discover genes involved in the life extension of fruit flies December 1, 2019
- Mass of a huge supermassive black hole calculated with precision by astronomers November 30, 2019
- Blue sharks use hot water swirls to dive into the depths of the sea and feed themselves November 29, 2019
- New fabric allows you to control electronic devices through clothes November 28, 2019